Friday, June 26, 2009

Round-up parade

Our town has the coolest parade. It consists of what they call mini floats. Lots wards in the area make a float and participate. Our ward does a float every other year. Fun for the kids to be in the parade one year and watch it the next year. I am always impressed with the ideas people come up with. This year Abi got to sit on the side lines. She thought about crutching the 2 1/2 mile parade route, but decided against it. Then she really wanted the Spencer and William to pull her in the wagon the whole parade route, but I didn't really think they could do that. So she got to sit and watch the parade instead. She would work the candy a little with her cast. She would hold up her cast and people would throw the candy right to her.
Since David is now a Scout he had a honor of pulling the float. He is in the brown/orange/white shirt and red hat.
Spencer got to walk the parade the theme of our float was "If I Could I Would go to the Beach", so all the kids dressed up like they were going to the beach. Spencer had great props. he is the the blue shorts with the floatie around him.
William came over close to us to raid Abi's candy stash. He was definitely ready for the beach!
"IF I COULD I WOULD"

This is Becky's ward's float. They always have great ideas. It is a singles ward, so kinds funny!
Oh and Becky just loves every minute of it. You can definitely tell when she is happy and she was happy!!!!! So many lessons to be learned from her. If the simple things could make us all as happy as they make her we would be pretty happy! They were giving out candy kisses. Pretty cute!!!!!!!!!! Fun times! We all love parades.

5 comments:

Danelle said...

What a fun parade. That kissing frogs float is a riot. Were all the Kisses totally melted, though?

I ran into Gwen at the pool the other day. I thought of you. Will you be in town for the 4th? Stop by if you are, okay?

Andrea said...

We saw Becky in the parade, but I guess we totally missed your kids. The frog float was awesome. You do have the best parade. I love all the floats.

Virginia said...

Danelle the chocolate wasn't too bad, remember summer hasn't quite arrived here yet. We aren't coming due to the scout camp David is at and my husband has to work Friday too. BUMMER! I was hoping to come home for the 4th. Oh well. But when you move up here we definitely want you to stop by. My family would love meeting you!!!!!!!!!! In person that is they have met you on your blog and we all think you are hilarious!

Andrea my kids were only in the Friday night parade so that might be why you didn't see them. They weren't in the Saturday one. We were @ david's lacrosse game.

Wendy W. said...

Virginia - I saw your kids and I also saw Becky. She recognized me and waved. I just love her to death. She is so sweet! Everyone looked great.

Andrea said...

I LOVE this parade. I come every year. I didn't see becky, but I laughed and laughed at their idea. I also liked the couple in the bed. Anyway it sounds like your family has had loads of Summer fun! Also I was wondering is David still in the blue grass band? Anika is thinking of joining when Tara starts again.