Monday, August 25, 2008

Spencer's First day of Kindergarten & My Birthday

My baby is going to kindergarten.
I can't believe the day really came. It was kinda an emotional day for mom. He is so excited though. Such a cute kid!
Gettin' on the bus.
He is so excited to finally be able to ride the bus with Abi and William.
On the way home I went to the school and rode home with all the new kindergartners. I just help make sure the kids got off the right stop ect. It was fun and I got to snap a few shots.
Cute kids Tommy, Spence, and Alex.
After all the kids got off the bus mom pulled out the real deal. I always make cookies for the kids on their first day of school. Since I knew we would be riding the bus I brought them with me and let him eat them on the bus. He was so excited his favorite cookie!
When we got the off the bus back at the school the bus driver asked if Spencer liked Star Wars. We said yes and he gave him his Happy Meal toy. I guess you are never too old to get a happy meal from McDonald's. Thanks bus driver!
Celebrating my birthday. Thanks for all the calls and cards and gifts. It was a great day even if I was home all alone for part of the day. It is a little adjustment not having any kids home all morning. Becky took me to see the musical "Oklahoma". The local Arts council put it on. It was a good change of pace. We hadn't been to a play for a long time.
Thanks Becky you're a great sister!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kayela said...

I thought about you all day but once again did I do anything - No. Happy late B-Day

Jensen Family said...

Cute pics of the kids on the bus. Alex loved having you help out in class the other day. Glad that you had a good birthday!

Christina said...

So my dear what did you get for your birthday so that i can want it!!!hehehehehe. i remeber the day cameron went to kindergarden i cried all afternoon!!!you will love it though.