Friday, August 29, 2008

Abi @ Clear Creek

I got to go with Abi to Clear Creek. I was so lucky because there were lots of moms from her class and I my name got drawn out to go. YEAH! It was really fun. They take 5th graders up for an over night field trip basically. It is up in the mountains by Scofield. They have cabins and a main eating hall. It was a fun adventure to share. David went with David last year, so now it was the girls turn. Taking a hand at tie dying.
Finished product.
This is the Wall.
They had to work together as a team and get everyone up and over the wall.
Right up Abi's alley. She loves climbing.

This is how they got down a latter in the back. No jumping off the front of it.
The cafeteria.
Abi is not too fond of corn dogs. Luckily she didn't starve. For breakfast they had cold cereal and lunch the next day they had cinnamon rolls and she had plenty of those.
This is where we bunked for the night.
Here is the whole class. Ask me about Luis sometime. He is a funny boy.
Too long of a story to type today, but funny!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Abi has a good teacher this year. She is Miss Smith she is the tallest on the top. Abi is front and center with the hat and a navy hoodie on. I am on the right end with a brown hoodie on.
We had a hike that was fun. We learned of the hermit that is said to live there. In 1900 there was a mine disaster in Scofield and they couldn't account for one man so they figure he became a hermit due to injury to his body.
Lots of pretty wild flowers to be seen on the trail. Abi loves any wild flowers. We had a great time. Thanks for wanting me to come Abi! It was fun to be a 5th grader again. It was a great memory to share just me and you!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I remember going there in fifth grade. it is funny to ss some of the things that have changed and some havent. looks like it was fun.