Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy 70th Birthday!!!!

My dad turned 70 this year! I was feelin' bad that I wasn't able to be in B-town for the big celebration. It turned out that he had to come up on his special day to pick up a truck for the cemetery. Happy day for us we did get to celebrate the big day with him. We made him a nice dinner and some of his favorite desserts, PIE and PIE!

The sign was made by Abi! She is a great sign maker and Grandpa LOVED it!!
70 years we hope there is 70 more! Love ya dad!!!!!

Funny story from the visit before this one Abi asked Grandpa what his favorite treat was and he said, "applesauce pie." She then asked him what his favorite veggie was he said, "pie, squash pie." Then she asked what his favorite math was to do, he said, "trigonometry". Abi said, "I thought you were going to say pie." We all got a good laugh! Grandpa LOVES PIE!

3 comments:

Kayela said...

Happy 70th Phillip. What a great guy he is.

Danelle said...

Virginia, I don't know why, but the thing on my sidebar never notifies me when YOU update your blog. So I just jumped over here and discovered that you had like 4 entries I've never read. How fun for me. So much fruit and family time. Fun. Love ya. Hope you had a great Halloween and that November treats you all kindly!

Chyrisse Ballard said...

I'm so glad you got to be with him. Funny how things turn out sometime, huh? He's awesome. Miss you all!