Saturday, December 13, 2008

Our 12 year old!!

This was David's birthday breakfast! Happy birthday 12 year old! Hard to believe he is really that old! Time flies!
He really wanted to go and eat lunch at his old school, so I pick him up for lunch and took him there to eat with one of his all time favorite teachers Mr. O and some good friends. David and I surprised him that night and took him to dinner at the Roof. It was so fun! We had window seats that looked out over temple square. It was definitely a night to remember. Something a little special to celebrated a special day and a special boy on his Magical Birthday. 12 on 12/12. We love ya Bro!
I loved how this tree is decorated! The ornaments are like a ribbon going up the tree.
David is all ready to be a scout. He got a new backpack and coat and lots of other little camping gear items.
One of my favorite things to do is make my kids birthday cakes. I created this one with Grammy's help, and it turned out pretty good. I got the cake all baked and David reminded me he really wanted a apple pie. I felt really bad that I had forgot his birthday request, but once he saw the finished product he wasn't too sad anymore.
The week before David's birthday he had a guitar recital. He loves playing the guitar! He is really progressing along. I love how his teacher does the Christmas recital. She just has all the students play together and then has the families sing along. It works out pretty good and kinda fun!
His teacher invited him to be in a musical bluegrass group called Squeekin' Strings. He thinks it is pretty fun and I think it is a good chance to learn to play with other instruments.
We enjoy just listening to David play the guitar. David and his teacher! Good Job Bro!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That was a very fun night! We had fun listening to him play. What a great cake! That was cool!

Andrea said...

I always love seeing your cakes. And taking David to the Roof for his birthday is seriously the coolest thing ever. What a neat way to celebrate the big 12!

Unknown said...

What a great birthday for David!! I am sure he will never forget it! I can't believe he is a scout already- and a deacon! Crazy!!

I called my Grandma "Grammy" i love it!