Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Due to all our ailments we had a quiet Thanksgiving at home just the six of us. We finally got dinner on the table around 5:00 pm. We had lots of good eats and had a nice time together. Despite a couple minor aches and pains we definitely have plenty to be Thankful for!!!!!!!!!!!! David has been referring to Elder Bednars conference talk lots and we have been working on having more thankful and gratitude prayers. The kids have really caught on and it is amazing how much we really do have. We are truly blessed!! I think we need a Thanksgiving once a month. :)
Oh yeah and all the pies. I went to Costco the night before and missed getting a pumpkin pie by 5 minutes. I was so sad, but I made some since that is all the kids favorite! They wished they all had their own, but they were good to share. Spence did find out he like chocolate cream pie over the weekend.
Here is the apple pie. I used the apples from one of our apple trees. It was very tasty! David loves pies and he would have loved if I had made at least 2 more a cherry and a blueberry. I thought six was enough since there was only six of us. :) I will try to get those other two flavors in soon.
Here is Spence our little Indian. He had a thanksgiving feast at school and thought it was great!!!! He was so proud of his attire. Too Cute SPENCE!!!!!!

No comments: