Monday, December 8, 2008

Funny Comments

David found it much more comfortable to wear shorts with the larger brace he has for his leg. Since he doesn't typically wear shorts he didn't really have any he could wear and go to work. We picked him up some from a couple different stores. There really wasn't much to choose from hence the season we are in. Anyway we found a couple good pair. So one day last week he choose to wear this outfit, which I thought was fine, but apparently I am not the best at fashion. He got some pretty funny comments. Here are a few.
One guy said "I used to have a pair of pants like that until my dad got a job."
David went to a meeting and at the end of the meeting he stands up to leave. The lady sitting next to him says, "Oh my goodness!" (since he isn't even supposed to be wearing shorts) Then she notices the his injured kneed and asks in a more concerned tone, "What happened?" After a brief explanation she comments, "I was just so surprised you are all business on top and party on bottom."
Then his boss informed him that the ladies on the pick line were saying he could be in the next company calendar. I thought it was all pretty funny!!
David is doing amazingly well. The physical therapist think he is doing awesome for being not even three weeks out of surgery. He is going to be back to normal in no time. She did say not to over do it still, and she can tell with his personality that he might, so she warned him to be careful. Oh I wanted to share with you that the polar care ice pack thing I was telling you about, yeah it only cost us a whopping $275.00. We got the hospital bill today, and it was unreal. We are just thankful we have insurance.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great shorts!! Just stay pulled up to desks and tables!! I guess if he wore a polo shirt with it it would really be too casual?! Not to mention, freezing!! It was so cold today- did he wear shorts?

Kayela said...

Glad to hear David is doing better. Hospital bills are ridiculous. I cant wait to see ours in February.

Cowan Family said...

Oh man! I have been so out of touch I didn't know about David having surgery and then you too. When it rains it pours, right? Let me know if you need anything.